Woody’s Sports Center Ladies Powder Puff Tournament
Annual Women's Fishing Tournament held in Port Aransas, TX
Powder Puff 2021
Entry Fee: $80.00 per Angler — Maximum of *four to the team
Schedule of Events
Registration: June 18th, starting at 5:00 PM at Woody’s Back Porch.
(Late registration for amateurs at Woody’s June 19th)
Two Divisions: Amateur (Pots) and Pro-Am (Calcutta)
A team is considered Pro-Am if anyone on the boat or team has guided for hire in the last two years. (Bay or Offshore)
Contestant Meeting: TO BE DETERMINED
Rules will be explained and may be altered at the contestant meeting, so it is
advisable for at least one team member to be present.
Calcutta for Pro-Am Division starts immediately following contestant meeting.
Target Fish: Speckled Trout, Drum, Flounder, Hardhead, Redfish (20” to 28”)
Spot pot (Redfish 20”- 28”) with the most spots (2 divisions)
Start Fishing: June 19th, @ 6:30 AM
Weigh-in: In line with fish by 3:00 PM June 19th, at Robert’s Point Park Pavilion.
Fish must be caught on a rod and reel by lady contestant. Ladies must hook and retrieve their own fish. All ladies on the boat must be registered contestants. (A fish hooked by a non-contestant is disqualified-please release). Men may run the boat, cast, bait hooks, net fish and a little servitude is always nice.
A big thanks to our Powder Puff Tournament Sponsors!!
NEW THIS YEAR: If an Amateur Team wants to fish in the Pro-Am Division, it will be allowed. They must participate in the Calcutta and are not eligible for pots or prizes in the Amateur Division.
1. Pots and trophies are separate from each other. You can wins pots without winning trophies and vice-versa. A team can only win one fish pot, (still eligible for overall and spot pot).
2. Pots (team) are $25.00 per species and spot pot (all optional). Put into all the pots; just the ones you like; or none. Prize money will be the heaviest fish caught by the team less 15% for tournament expenses.
3. Overall winner is the team with the heaviest combined weight of three different target species. In case of a tie, total length prevails. Five dollars of each entry fee creates the overall pot money so everyone is entered.
4. After 8:00 PM any pots not purchased by the team will be open for “outside” buyers.
5. Redfish Spot Pot $25/team – redfish (20” to 28”) with the most Spots. Spots joined together count as one.
6. If there is not a pot winner in a species, money will be refunded at the awards presentation Saturday afternoon or at Woody’s Monday – Friday of the next week. If it is not picked up then it will be donated to the CCA Take a Kid Fishing Tournament.
7. Hard Luck Trophy for the best story told Saturday afternoon after weigh-in.
CALCUTTA (Pro-Am) RULES
1. Pro-Am Division Calcutta (bidding) begins immediately after the 7:00 PM contestants meeting. Proceeds from the Calcutta (less 15% for tournament expenses) generate the overall winner prize money.
2. Pro-Am entry fees guarantee the team half of the prize money. The high bidder in the Calcutta receives the other half.
3. The overall winner will be the team with the heaviest combined weight of three different target species. In case of a tie, total length prevails. Trophies will be awarded for the heaviest in each target fish.
4. Three places will be awarded in overall winner as follows:
1st Place 51%
2nd Place 28%
3rd Place 21%
5. Pro-Am will also have a Redfish (20”-28”) Spot Pot ($25).